This guide teaches you how to install Websitepanel 2.1 stable,
Please note in this guide we do assume you have Microsoft SQL Server, AD domain and the server is a member in the Domain.
1) Select Add Roles and Features from Manage in the Server Manager
2) Select next on the Before you begin page
3) Ensure the Role-base or Feature based installaion is selected
4) Select the server which you are going to be running the WSP services on
5) Select Web Server (ISS)
6) Click next until you get to the IIS Role Selection
7) Select the following IIS Roles:
Under Application Development:
8) Once this has been installed close the wizard.
9) Run the WebsitePanel Installer and accept the default options.
10) From the start menu run the WebsitePanel Installer (ensure you right client and runas Administrator)
11) Click View Available Components
12) Select Install next to WebsitePanel Enterprise Server
13) Click next and then agree to the licence agreement
14) Next you will see a System Configuration Check. These should all show as green and click next
15) Select the destination folder if you would like to use a different location.
16) If the Enterprise server is on the same as the Portal we recommend leaving the ip address set to 127.0.0.1.
17) Tick the box Create Active Directory Account and enter the domain in the domain box.
18) Enter the details for your SQL Server. If you have windows authentication enabled then select this and the wizard will create the database and a
19) Enter a serveradmin password.
20) Select Install next to WebsitePanel Portal
21) Click next and then agree to the licence agreement
22) Next you will see a System Configuration Check. These should all show as green and click next
23) Select the destination folder if you would like to use a different location.
24) Select the IP address for your external IP
25) Tick the box Create Active Directory Account and enter the domain in the domain box.
26) Enter the Enterprise URL. If it is located on the same machine it will normally be the default option.
27) Click Install next to WebsitePanel Server.
28) Select the destination folder if you would like to use a different location.
29) Select the IP address for the server. This is only used to connect from the Enterprise server and should not be public.
30) Tick the box Create Active Directory Account and enter the domain in the domain box, Also for the username we would recommending using a –
<hostname> so you can identify it easier if required in AD users and Computers.
31) Enter a server password. We do recommend this is a randomly generated password and will only be used in the WSP Portal to connect to the server
and you will not be required it in day-to-day operation.
32) Run the WSP Scheduler Service setup which was downloaded from the official website.
33) Click next and then agree to the license agreement.
34) Select the destination folder if you would like to use a different location.
35) Select the SQL server.
36) Open the Enterprise Server web.config in the Enterprise Server destination.
37) Copy the connection string out of the web.config file.
38) Open the WebsitePanelSchedulerService.exe.config which is located in the SchedulerService folder.
39) Paste the connection string from the Enterprise server to the Scheduler service config file.
40) Copy the CryptoKey from the Enterprise server to Scheduler service config file.
41) Open the Windows Services list and start WebsitePanel Scheduler.
42) Open the WebsitePanel portal in your browser (There will be a link on your server desktop to open the portal).
43) Login with serveradmin and the password you selected during the Enterprise Server install.
44) Open IIS Manager
45) select the server than Application Pools
46) For each of the WebsitePanel App pools Advanced Settings do the following:
Start Mode: Always Running
Idle Time-out: 0
Regular Time Interval: 0
47) In each of the WebsitePanel sites do the following:
Go to Machine Key
Click Generate Keys
48) Go back to the Portal and select Configuration -> Servers
49) Select Add Server
50) Set the Server Name (This is normally the same as the hostname), Server URL and Server Password (This is the password you set during WSP Server
Setup). You can also select the Search installed software to allow WSP to find the services which are installed.
51) Select the Active Directory Settings and set the following:
Security Mode: Create Active Directory Accounts
Authentication Type: None
Root Domain: Your domain
52) Select update at the bottom of the page to save the AD settings.
53) Select the Hosted Organizations under the server.
54) Fill in the following:
Root OU: This is the location that all accounts will be made. We normally suggest you use Customers
Preferred Domain Controller: This is the AD DC which will be used for the transactions.
55) Open AD Users and Computers.
56) Right click on the domain name and select New, Organizational Unit.
57) Set the name to Customers (or match the name of the Root OU you have set)
58) All Setup and you can now continue to setup the WSP Services.